As enthusiastic as I was to start Chic n’ Geek, I know I’ve been horrible at keeping up with it. Part of that is just because I’m me–a procrastinator who’s already overcommitted who spends an embarrassing amount of time online daily so spending even more blogging feels overwhelming most of the time–and part is just because winter sucks and I have no energy to do anything except mindless stuff like hours and hours of iPad games.
But I keep seeing fun stuff to share here and meaning to share it. So here goes nothing:
- My friend Jessica’s new site, DJ Burbtastic. I am totally not a music person and would never take the time to be crafty making mixes, so thankfully there are people like Jessica who love doing stuff like that. She crafts the mixes, which you can listen to via Spotify. If you’re into making mixes, you can even be a guest DJ on her site–here’s how. Now I just need to figure out how to become the kind of person who can work and listen to music at the same time.
- My friend Allyson’s new site/daily newsletter The Daily Sass. Hilarious stuff like these Starbucks cup name fails and facepalm moments like these.
- Pinterest, my continuing obsession. What better way to help soothe winter blues than looking at adorable English cottages
- With Scandal on annoyingly-long hiatus, I’ve started binge watching The Good Wife. Love it.
- Still obsessed with my bar cart. Latest addition: the insect swizzle sticks in the photo above. Except the spider one–who would want that?! If you want it, leave me a comment with your email address so I can get your mailing address and I will gladly send it to you.
Is it spring yet?